Mario Badescu Whitening Mask

I love Mario Badesco products, generally, and am writing about this whitening mask today.


This is a 2 oz container which lasts quite a long time.  I bought it for about $24 at Ulta.

As of today, March 13, 2018, this product has a 4.3 / 5 star rating on Mario Badescu's website, with 41 total reviews.

I'm not sure that I could rate it that high.  If anything, I'd give it a 3/5, but as I'll discuss, this probably isn't fair because I never should have bought this product.  Although I wanted to love this product, I wouldn't say it did much for me.  I already have light skin, and thought this would make my skin a bit lighter over time but it did not seem to do that.

According to the website, this is what the product does:
  • "This is a skin-perfecting mask specially formulated to address discoloration and dehydration. A unique blend of Kojic Acid and Extracts of Licorice Root, Mulberry, and Grapeseed helps minimize the look of uneven skin tone. Olive Leaf Extract and Vitamin E nourish as Beeswax locks in essential vitamins and nutrients—leaving dull complexions bright and hydrated.
    #MBSKINTIP: Take your brightening regimen one step further: After removing the mask, follow with an AHA-based toner (like our ALPHA GRAPEFRUIT CLEANSING LOTION or GLYCOLIC ACID TONER) and our VITAMIN C SERUM."
    I didn't have much discoloration, so can't speak to that.  I am always dry around my nose area and it didn't seem to work with that either.
    One of the things I like about this product and other Mario Badescu products are the ingredients.  They SEEM like they are natural.  I'm not a chemist so wouldn't say they ARE natural, but seeing ingredient names I recognize is a plus!
    The description also says it leaves dull complexions bright and hydrated...  I think this is a fair statement, as far as my experience.  Immediately after use, my skin does seem bright and hydrated, but again, the effect is temporary.  Also, the mask is a bit difficult to get off.  My experience is that I have to use a washcloth to get everything off and can't just use my hands.
    Some of the reviews say this product will work to reduce old acne scarring.  I can't speak to that either, but it is worth a try for those who have problems with that.
    Ultimately, this product was probably not the best choice for me and not worth buying again, but seems it would help those with hyper pigmentation or old acne scars.  I bought it thinking it would lighten my overall skin tone and it does not do that.  If you read through the reviews, a verified answer also clearly says this product does not lighten overall skin tone, but only evens out skin tone, giving a lighter appearance (because it helps fade dark spots).  If I had read the reviews before I bought this, maybe I would not have bought it.  I do recommend this product for people who have dark spots or issues with their skin, but don't recommend it if you're looking for a long-term solution to dull-looking skin, like I was.  It will not lighten your overall skin tone.

    One last comment, a lot of reviews mentioned a film left behind after using the product.  I also experienced this.  However, when you use a washcloth to remove the product, it's not a big deal.  If you try to remove the product with just water and your hands, you'll likely feel slightly sticky afterward.  The solution is, just use a washcloth! 😀



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Louis Vuitton Purse Organizer from www.pimpmyspeedy.com Review

MetaGrip Ponytail Hooks Review

Maybelline 205 Nearly There Lipstick Review