MetaGrip Ponytail Hooks Review


I got these ponytail hooks free from Sally's with a coupon for purchasing a different item. I bought the brown one and 5 come in the pack. There are other colors too. The package says it is for "easy and secure ponytails or braids" and the directions are "Wrap your ponytail, brad, or knot until the band feels secure and hook." The package says these are a "great option to traditional pony tail holders". 

I bought them because I figured they would damage my hair less , it would be easier to use, and it would hurt less to have a ponytail so it doesn't feel too tight.

I tried it out and it didn't work very well for me. I read that you can use them one of these ways:
1.) hook one hook on hair then hook the other hook to the band
2.) put the 2 hooks together
3.) hook one hook into hair then hook the other hook into the hook that is hooked to the hair

The first two options simply didn't work for me; only the 3rd did. In general, these seem to be more trouble than they are worth. I got them to work, but a clasp-free pony tail holder is much quicker and still doesn't pull your hair.

Big thumbs down for me because I wanted these for ponytails. I posted a pic below of how I will end up using them. I tied the end of my fishtail with the hook. I don't foresee much use other than this type of thing and this would have been easier with a normal ponytail holder.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Louis Vuitton Purse Organizer from www.pimpmyspeedy.com Review

Maybelline 205 Nearly There Lipstick Review